North American Plastics Industry Stands Together
After a summit that convened the leadership of North Americas three leading plastics industry trade groups Plastics Industry Association (PLASTICS), Canadian Plastics Industry Association (CPIA) and Asociación Nacional de Industrias del Plástico A.C. (ANIPAC) the trio outlined a unified platform of policy priorities for the forthcoming modernization of the North American Free Trade Agreement (NAFTA) that will strengthen each nations plastics industry.
The leadership from the three organizations agreed on several specific areas of focus. Together, the North American plastics industry will advocate for the following:
- Continued support of the growth and development of the North American plastics industry.
- Harmonization of regulations of all types as they affect the industry.
- A review of the Rules of Origin (ROO).
- A simplification and modernization of trade and customs documentation.
- Ease of employee access throughout the continent.
- No new tariffs.
- Continued labor cost flexibility between the three nations.
PLASTICS, CPIA and ANIPAC will continue to work together throughout the NAFTA renegotiation process. For more information, visit www.plasticsindustry.org.