Health and Safety Measures
To Our Attendees and Exhibitors:
We are excited and ready to bring the plastics industry together on September 16 and 17 in the Minneapolis area. At the same time, we are working with the hotel to make decisions about health and safety measures for the in-person TopCon and Symposium. This includes adequate spacing within the meeting areas and precautions related to food service. We also ask our attendees and exhibitors to join with us in mitigation strategies.
The following health and safety measures will be in place for the SPE Decorating & Coatings Division TopCon & IMDA Symposium event.
- For the safety of all, masks will be required inside conference rooms at The Westin Edina Galleria hotel when not actively eating or drinking.
- We strongly recommend those planning to attend the event be fully vaccinated. While we respect everyone’s personal choice in this matter and we will not ask for proof of vaccination, we prefer you do not attend if you are unvaccinated, for your safety and the safety of all.
- We ask that if you aren’t feeling well to please remain home.
- Frequent handwashing is encouraged.
- Social distancing is encouraged whenever possible.
- All attendees will be required to sign the COVID-19 Liability Waiver and Affirmation of Conduct Restrictions.
COVID-19 Liability Waiver and Affirmation of Conduct Restrictions
By registering for and attending this event, I agree to abide by all health and safety guidelines and recommendations promulgated by federal, state and local government agencies and officials, and the event venue. This includes, but is not limited to, submitting to restrictions set in place during the event that may consist of daily temperature checks, wearing a mask at all times in indoor public areas, engaging in appropriate physical distancing, and restrictions on certain activities that carry higher COVID-19-related risk, such as congregating in large private gatherings or attending off-site events in crowded facilities. I further agree that I will not attend any event in person if I become ill, am exposed to the COVID-19 virus within 30 days prior to the event or if I become ill or exhibit any symptoms of the COVID-19 virus prior to the event. Additionally, I understand that travel to and participation in events may increase the risk of exposure to communicable diseases.
I HEREBY RELEASE, WAIVE AND FOREVER DISCHARGE ANY AND ALL LIABILITY, CLAIMS, AND DEMANDS OF WHATEVER KIND OR NATURE AGAINST IN-MOLD DECORATING ASSOCATION (IMDA) and SPE DECORATING AND COATINGS DIVISION AND THEIR AFFILIATED PARTNERS AND SPONSORS, INCLUDING IN EACH CASE, WITHOUT LIMITATION, THEIR DIRECTORS, OFFICERS, EMPLOYEES, VOLUNTEERS, AND AGENTS (THE “RELEASED PARTIES”), EITHER IN LAW OR IN EQUITY, TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMISSIBLE BY LAW, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO DAMAGES OR LOSSES CAUSED BY THE NEGLIGENCE, FAULT OR CONDUCT OF ANY KIND ON THE PART OF THE RELEASED PARTIES, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO DEATH, BODILY INJURY, ILLNESS, ECONOMIC LOSS OR OUT OF POCKET EXPENSES, OR LOSS OR DAMAGE TO PROPERTY, WHICH I, MY HEIRS, ASSIGNEES, NEXT OF KIN AND/OR LEGALLY APPOINTED OR DESIGNATED REPRESENTATIVES, MAY HAVE OR WHICH MAY HEREINAFTER ACCRUE ON MY BEHALF, WHICH ARISE OR MAY HEREAFTER ARISE FROM MY PARTICIPATION WITH THE EVENT.