ANTEC® 2019 Set for March in Detroit
Produced by SPE-Inspiring Plastics Professionals, ANTEC® 2019 is the largest technical conference in the plastics industry, and it will take place March 18-21 at the Marriott Detroit Renaissance Center in Detroit, Michigan. SPE has more than 22,500 members, all from diverse backgrounds and careers, and ANTEC® is no different. Managers, engineers, R&D scientists, technicians, sales and marketing associates, executives, academics and students are all invited to enhance their careers in plastics through this networking and knowledge-sharing event.
This year, ANTEC® 2019 has been reformatted into two programs INSPIRE and INSIGHT to best represent the ideas and trends shaping the plastics industry. Running Monday through Wednesday, INSPIRE will feature more than 550 technical and business papers, as well as 60+ marketing presentations, while also offering networking opportunities, student events and exhibitor receptions. INSIGHT will run Wednesday midday and all day Thursday with megatrend sessions on packaging, building and construction, sustainability and transportation. This program will offer face-to-face interaction with expert representatives from the largest industry segments.
The following papers will be presented by SPEs Decorating and Assembly Division from 2-5:30 p.m. Monday, March 18:
- New Developments in Adhesion Promotion Using Flame Plasma Surface Treatment: A Tutorial, by Joseph DiGiacomo, Flynn
- Fixtureless Laser Marking Drastically Cuts Cost of Tooling, by Faycal Benayad-Cherif, FOBA
- Advancements in Decorative PVD Chromium Coatings for Polymer Substrates, by Michael Brazil, Vergason
- Why Test Inks and Dyne Pens Cannot Tell the Full Truth About Surface Free Energy, by Art Kasson, Kruss
- Innovations and New Trends in Specialty Coatings, by Karen Kukla, Akzo Nobel
- The UV Curing Process: Who, What, When and Where, by Kevin Joesel, Heraeus
- Application of 2K Injection Molding & Decorative Chrome Plating on Plastics, by Ari Espina, Taiyo
For more information, visit www.4spe.org.