Scheduled for the day before the opening of the 2022 IMDA Symposium (which will take place two hours away in Ypsilanti, Michigan), the optional plant tour will feature “a day in the life” of real-time production at Nissha Eimo Technologies. The facility typically runs five different decorative processes each day, with 10 to 15 molding cells focused on in-mold decorating production.
Plant tour attendees will see the following processes:
- Type TR IMD
- Type P pre-form and insert molding
- Type S simulforming (hybrid of the first two)
- Screen printing/IML
- TOM process
- Automated pad printing with cobot
The tentative timeline includes:
- 10:00 to 10:30 a.m.: Introduction to Nissha Eimo Technologies
- 10:30 a.m. to Noon: Production Floor Tours and Process Talks
- Noon to 1:30 p.m.: Lunch and Discussion
- 1:30 to 2:30 p.m.: Production Floor Tours and Process Talks
- 2:30 to 3:30 p.m.: Final Q&A
Attendance will be limited to 40 registrants. Cost is $89, which includes transportation (if needed) from Ypsilanti and lunch. Contact Dianna Brodine, IMDA managing director, at [email protected] for more information, or visit https://productdecoratingevent.com/.